The existing campus consisted of approximately 261,000 SF of gross building area, built from 1958 to 2006. The multi-phase renovation and addition added a net square footage of approximately 80,000 SF, thereby increasing the school’s overall student capacity. This design project complied with Wake County Public School Design Standards and the current Building Code. The project included a new structural steel framed media center, a 4-story precast concrete classroom building, various other additions to the existing campus building, and the renovation and roof replacement of the cafeteria building. Design challenges included the increased student volume and vehicular parking on a restricted and significantly sloping site, as well as an expedited construction schedule while the students were relocated to Heritage High School for one year.